Social Media Associate
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, seeks a Social Media Associate. This position will be based in Washington, DC.
This position is responsible for helping the team develop and produce social media videos, use analytics to help inform the teams content creation, find and develop new ways to use video on social media, including growing and expanding our channel activation, and assisting the Director of Social Media and Digital Engagement in the development and implementation of impactful content across social media channels at WWF. This is a one year term position.
- Help the social media team grow WWF’s overall social media engagement through asset curation, video management, and the development of social media posts for existing channels.
- Work alongside the team's director to build out our video strategy for social media and develop ongoing systems to help us keep track of and manage our video assets.
- Work alongside freelancers and videographers to create social and digital friendly videos. This would include script development, project management, and calendar planning.
- Use video tools to create videos for use on social media and web channels.
- Provide post creation, copy-editing, and quality assurance assistance to the social media specialist, ensuring content is presented in the best way.
- Inform the social media teams' strategic direction through the analysis of ongoing data. Including the creation of, and maintenance of a monthly analytics dashboard.
- Develop and maintain a repository of approved engagement posts that deliver on the social media teams engagement goals and helps the organization continually reach new and existing audiences.
- Support the larger editorial team with administrative work as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree and 2 to 4 years’ experience—or equivalent social media creation, storytelling, and communications experience.
- Excellent writing abilities required
- Experience with using drag and drop video editors a plus
- Basic understanding of Adobe Premiere and Photoshop required
- Willingness and ability to learn on the job
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #21076
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
Your application has been successfully submitted.