At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
Senior management depends heavily on the Strategy & Planning team to accurately forecast opportunities for the business and lead the analysis that informs important decisions. The team is involved in initiatives across the organization, including managing cross-functional initiatives, modeling potential partnerships, establishing KPIs for tracking our success as a company, and developing long-term plans that give us a line of sight to our future.
As our organization continues to grow globally and expand its product line, we are looking for a Strategy & Planning analyst to help drive the analytics that underpin our strategic decisions.
The ideal candidate would take an entrepreneurial approach to problem-solving and be prepared to regularly "roll up his or her sleeves" across a broad range of responsibilities.
- Prepares valuation analysis (model building, scenario testing) to support and test new business initiatives
- Develops presentations with recommendations to the Beyond Meat leadership team
- Creates process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to the Strategy & Planning team
- Works cross-functionally across the organization to execute strategic initiatives
- Conducts market research, including competitive trends analysis and opportunities for strategic partnerships
- Provides interpretations of customer requirements or challenges and converts into feasible solutions
- Elicits, analyzes, and validates the business needs of various stakeholders
- Regularly communicates output of analysis to executive leadership team
- Undergraduate degree with 1-3 years of work experience after completion of undergraduate degree and/or Master’s degree
- Extensive experience conducting quantitative analysis (including modeling) and qualitative analysis, can drive to insight and results using data
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Excellent communication/presentation skills with a track record of presenting complex analysis to executives/senior management clearly and concisely
- Fluency with MS Excel / PowerPoint and Google Suite
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively - both verbally and in writing
- Highly curious, with the courage to challenge the status quo and exhibiting the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
Your application has been successfully submitted.