YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Web Developer will be primarily responsible for supporting The Nature Conservancy’s global email program and participates in all functions of email development for TNC’s digital marketing and communications efforts worldwide.
The Web Developer develops new email solutions for global marketing campaigns, targeted influencer and stewardship efforts, geotargeting, personalization and measurement tactics. They translate partner and user needs into technical requirements following TNC web development methodology and best practices. They deliver technology-based email and web solutions in support of TNC’s communications efforts and Global Digital’s joint KPIs. They will be responsible for developing and maintaining TNC’s marketing email systems, templates, related interactive features, forms, and tools. In addition, the Web Developer acts as a member of the Digital Systems team on marketing web systems projects related to application upgrades, conversion and modifications. As needed, they act as a quality assurance analyst to conduct peer review and validate programmer work done before release to production in all phases of the project life cycle. They perform tasks assigned as required to complete projects including but not limited to; technical design, development, running specific programs, generating reports and analyzing results. They provide support for troubleshooting and bug resolution as needed and assigned.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Develop and implement email templates and campaigns.
- Analyze and document end-user requirements for email projects.
- Design and develop new email technology solutions according to system requirements following TNC methodology and development best practices.
- Act as team member on technology application maintenance projects related to application upgrades, conversions, and modifications.
- Perform tasks assigned as required to complete project including but not limited to; technical design, development, running specific programs, generating reports and analyzing results.
- Provide support for troubleshooting and bug resolution as assigned.
- Act as quality assurance analyst to conduct peer reviews and validate programmer analyst work done for minor systems before their release to production in all phases of the project life cycle.
- Provide support for business applications including diagnosing problems requiring analysis and troubleshooting. Design and implement solutions for corrective action in consultation with Global Digital team.
- Assist with data standards compliance and best practices to facilitate integration between systems within marketing and its partners.
- Acquire, maintain, expand, and convey knowledge of relevant technologies and businesses supported.
- Attend training classes to maintain a knowledge base of current technology. Review technical publications on pertinent topics.
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or a related field and 2 years’ progressive experience in an IT field or equivalent combination.
- Experience in email development and email web development standards.
- Experience with full life-cycle technology application development.
- Experience in web development and image editing software.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- May include certifications, languages, software knowledge.
- Ability to utilize knowledge to identify solutions, communication and influencing skills, specific managerial functions, etc.
- Experience with MailChimp, SAS, Adobe Experience Manager, Engaging Networks, Geolocation, Google API, marketing automation, payment applications, mobile application development a plus.
Your application has been successfully submitted.