This job is no longer accepting applications.
Arcadia is a technology company revolutionizing the energy industry. We make choosing clean energy easy for everyone, no matter where you live or who your utility provider is. Founded in 2015, Arcadia set out with one purpose that continues to drive us today: a 100% clean energy future.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges – climate change – requires out-of-the-box thinking and diverse perspectives, so we’re building a team of individuals from all different backgrounds, industries, and educational experiences. If you share our passion for building a future powered by 100% renewable energy, we look forward to receiving your application and learning what you would uniquely bring to our organization!
What we’re looking for:
As our Creative Director, you will influence and guide our visual and verbal identity across all the things: email, .com, new and old-school advertising, social media, etc. In doing so, you’ll iteratively evolve our brand guidelines and systems from the ground-up, transforming Arcadia into a household name that’s resonant, optimistic, and symbolic of change.
This role is in New York, and reports to our VP of Marketing. At Arcadia, all of our product designers, creative pros, researchers, and copywriters live in this org and contribute fluidly across the spectrum. Design is special sauce here.
What you'll do:
- Partner with the VP of Marketing to develop creative strategies and execution
- Jump right in and design/write when necessary (or just for fun); everything from emails to landing pages, to social posts and video production
- Concept and deliver cut-through integrated ad campaigns; the stakes are high, we’ll have 7 zeros behind these ads next year
- Use a wide range of data and information to inform, define and evolve our brand aesthetic and voice/tone
- Design a cohesive system of reusable templates to fuel our insatiable performance marketing and sales team
- Hire, coach and lead a small team of the best designers and copywriters; cultivate a culture of creativity, advocacy and growth
- Assemble and manage internal, agency, and freelance talent to get us there; especially when throughput or production spikes
What will help you succeed:
- You think in stories (like a writer)
- You have impeccable taste/style (like an iconic designer)
- At least 12 years of experience; 5 of those in-house
- Fluent in communications, marketing and brand strategy
- A builder of brands, experiences, orgs, process, people and culture
- You can shoot, cut/edit, and process it yourself
- Intrinsic drive to solve the world’s hardest problem (climate change)
- Facilitate a culture of openness, self-reflection and growth
- A strong ethical compass
- Market-based compensation (salary + equity)
- Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (holidays, vacation, professional development, volunteer, parental leave)
- Professional development opportunities
- All-company lunches
- Free clean energy
- A chance to decarbonize and disrupt the energy sector
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in the United States.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Switch to clean solar and wind energy