This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join a mashup of energy enthusiasts and creative tech wizards who are taking the fight to climate change. Disrupt and reimagine the energy experience using modern technologies.
Arcadia is a technology company revolutionizing the energy industry. We make choosing clean energy easy for everyone, no matter where you live or who your utility provider is. Founded in 2015, Arcadia set out with one purpose that continues to drive us today: a 100% clean energy future.
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a Data Engineer to design, develop, and maintain large-scale data applications and pipelines, working closely with the Analytics & Data Science team to improve Arcadia's business through smarter use of data. The role will be hands-on and cross-functional, collaborating across the company to establish and execute the data engineering roadmap.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who relishes the chance to engage with cutting-edge technology, influence how our team builds and stays relevant, and work in a fast-paced environment with engineers on a high-morale, tightly knit team. Our engineering values are deeply ingrained in our culture-- you can read more about them here.
This role is based in Washington, D.C., or New York City, NY, though we are open to considering a remote candidate (we are all working from home at the moment).
Our core data stack makes heavy use of the AWS ecosystem, with pipelines built using both Lambdas and ECS tasks running Python on top of Redshift. Our customer-facing application stack also includes several Ruby on Rails apps, a GraphQL service layer, and a number of React clients. In your application, please include a link to GitHub or another place where your code is published, though we understand that not everyone has public code online.
What you’ll do:
- Manage data pipelines from disparate sources, standardizing and feeding them into our centralized data warehouse
- Work with both the Engineering and Analytics & Data Science teams to optimize data flow and queries for large data sets to improve scalability
- Sync data across internal and external systems, such as marketing and sales automation tools, to enable key stakeholders to build best-in-class experiences
- Support ongoing efforts to establish and enforce best practices on data quality, use, and security across the company
What will help you succeed:
- 3+ years combined programming and/or DevOps experience
- Significant experience with and a strong understanding of languages/tools relevant to engineering & data teams’ work
- Advanced knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and relational algebra
- Database management experience with PostgreSQL, RDS, or Redshift
- Data extraction experience with a strong understanding of thread-based and event-based paradigms
- Extensive experience in managing data pipelines, schemas, and storage for multiple systems for multiple teams
- Strong communication skills
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in math, statistics, engineering, computer science, or related technical field
- Experience in predictive modeling and statistical analysis
- Experience with enterprise database interfaces and messaging APIs
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud infrastructure platforms
- Experience with entity resolution at scale
- Experience in the energy sector
- Market-based compensation (salary + equity)
- Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (holidays, vacation, professional development, volunteer, parental leave)
- A supportive engineering culture that values diversity, empathy, teamwork, trust, and efficiency
- Professional development opportunities
- All-company lunches
- Free clean energy
- A chance to decarbonize and disrupt the energy sector
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in the United States.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Switch to clean solar and wind energy