R&D Mechanical Design Lead
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As a member of the Diagnostics team, the R&D Mechanical Design Lead (Center Shaft Lead) will work as part of the team in the development of General Fusion’s Fusion Demonstration Plant. This is a lead role to the diagnostics team and the work will focus on designing a complex Integrated system with multiple stakeholders and difficult design requirements both directly for and in support of the Fusion Demonstration Plant.
- Lead on designing a complex Integrated system with multiple stakeholders and difficult design requirements
- Work with optical signal transfer/ vision systems
- Work with data signal transfer
- Experience of working with high voltage/pulsed power systems
- Strong experience with R&D and Mechanical Design
Relevant Education, Skills and Experience:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree of equivalent
- At least 8-10 years of Mechanical Design and R&D experience
- Experience of developing new & innovative solutions to technical problems
- Optical signal transfer/vision systems/imaging experience
- Experience with Data signal transfer & High voltage/pulsed power systems
- materials engineering
- mechanical stress/strain analysis (e.g. ansys or similar)
The work involved in this project combines a wide range of skill sets, and each team member will need to become familiar with the full scope of the plasma development and understand how their work relates to the whole. This is a broader support role to the diagnostics team. General Fusion seeks individuals who are self-motivated, have good communication skills and are comfortable with creative problem solving independently and within a group.
What We Offer:
- Flexible hours
- Four weeks’ vacation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- RRSP Contribution
- Support for professional development
- Great company culture – social events, food trucks, bike rides, Sun Run, etc.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org noting “Job Ref# RR-2021-11” in the email subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
General Fusion is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Your application has been successfully submitted.